Sunday, May 28, 2006

Early pillow cover


Early pillow cover, originally uploaded by wordnerd411.

There's a whole story to this one.

When I made my first quilt it was in a class and I had no stash. Picking the fabric took forever because the teacher was helping me and giving me almost more guidance than I thought I wanted!

When I picked out the blue fabric with the yellow stars she didn't want me to. Most of the other fabrics I picked were tone-on-tone and she had urged me to pick out something with more than one color. But she didn't articulate the real reason not to pick the yellow stars, which was that there was no other yellow at all in the other fabrics. She just said "You're going to MAKE stars" because the Ohio Star block was in the quilt.

Anyway I made a Puss in the corner block, but when it came time to assemble the quilt she again stressed it would not be right for the rest of the quilt (she was right) So I bought more fabric in some other more suitable design/color, and then bought more of this and the tan basketwork fabric and a tan star fabric to make the backing of this.

1 comment:

Miriam said...

i like this fabric combination