Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Everything in the Garden


A wall hanging work in progress using fusible web (YAY for Steam-A-Seam 2!), assorted commercial fabrics, and Fabrico marker for the faces on the masks.

When in Thailand in Chiang Mai, I ventured out alone to the market area where the fabric shops are and that's where I found the hibiscus print. The blue body is a lightning design -- it works even better than I thought it would. The blue head is from a tiny scrap of commercial fabric. The rest of it doesn't look like faces, just abstract marks, but every time I looked at the bit I used here, I could only see a face.

One figure is frozen, static, unchanging, the other is alive and amazing transformations are taking place within her. Yet both hold the same mask ready to use.

No comments: