Sunday, February 10, 2008

Force Field



Force Field is my second contribution to the challenge. It's fused applique, regular applique, and acrylic paint on fusible web.
The symbolism is an exploration in progress -- EIP
Doesn't that sound better than work in Progress!
The wedjet eye is a symbol that has been with me for years. Before we moved across the continent from central Canada to the SW US I had an image of a wedjet carved into a wooden picnic table that came to me while I was having acupuncture treatment.
The dots and bright colors remind me of Mexican folk art. I usually stay away from natural/neutral tones but this batik is so beautiful that I bought a pack of fat quarters last time I was at JoAnne's.
Up to now I have not used human figures much in my art -- I sense this may change. The force field around the main figure resembles a Picasso-style head in profile, this was unintended but I could see it even before I fused the paint onto the fabric.

No comments: