Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Marbling - quick and dirty



This is a piece of silk I marbled in a Color Hues session at Satin Moon. Color Hues is a new dye product developed by a Seattle woman. It dyes protein based fabrics, i.e. silk and wool but not cotton (although my dyeing t-shirt kept some splashes!) It is very easy to use and the fabric seems to suck the colour out of the water, unlike Procion dyes where you can rinse and rinse and see wonderful bright colour running down the drain. Also no need to heat set and no powdery chemicals so safer to use in a home setting.

Does blogging about being productive count as BEING productive? If so I could add a half hour onto my time for today.

  1. Day one: 4 hours 15 minutes
  2. Day two: (today) 5 hours 40 minutes
And spent more time painting color swatches for my next piece - yesterday I used EZ-TintZ and watercolor crayon pencils to get close to what I thought I wanted to do, and today I took that swatch to Michael's to buy acrylics in the colors I picked. Still need to get freezer paper and get a template enlarged -- the printer here won't take a big enough piece of paper so I'll have to go to Staples I guess.

No comments: