Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Test Piece for Latest Toy


The latest toy is the flower foot I bought at the Victoria sewing show. It has a ratchet on it that lets you sew flowers in a perfect circle using any zigzag stitch on your machine.

These flowers were sewn using rayon embroidery thread in one of my favourite colours, onto the sheer fabric I posted about earlier. The fabric was stabilized with newspaper. If you click on the image you can see much more detail. The scan doesn't really do it justice.

After removing the stablizer, I cut carefully around the motif and then fused it to commercial cotton background with Bo-Nash powder glue. This may become a tiny wall hanging, but if so it will be a byproduct of Shy Beast, because I want to put flowers on that piece too and I needed to test Bo-Nash first.

2 comments:

Laura said...

HI Ruth
I missed getting one of those circle feet as she had run out and I have not ordered one online.
There is a very cool article in
the "tasters" @ www.workshopontheweb.com
called decreasing circles which features use of this foot.

Ruth said...

Thanks for this helpful link, Laura! It's interesting that the author of the article had created a shortage at one point because so many people saw her doing demos.

It does take some experimenting to get good results, but I'm seeing an improvement in what I'm producing.