Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Step Forward, hopefully

My "Enuff on My Plate" wall hanging has been accepted into the juried art show at Coast Collective, Memory, Family, History.

They do say that acceptance does not guarantee that the piece will actually be hung, which I can understand given that submission was via e-mail photos. But this is the first time I've tried to be in a juried show, so it's all pretty exciting.

It's especially exciting because this is an art show so most of the pieces will be paintings -- I feel like I'm on the cutting edge (make that the rotary cutting edge!) of working for acceptance of fibre art as "real serious" art.

HOURS/PRODUCTIVITY

Last week: 38.40 hours
week before: 34.40 hours

I don't expect anyone else to take much interest in that, but having it out there for all to see encourages me to keep making the effort, even on the days like yesterday when everyone's schedule went to #~!! in a handbasket!

No comments: